Ideas for Your Spring Break Camp at Home
Staycation has taken on a new meaning during the pandemic. Discover virtual spring break camps at home this year with these fun alternatives.
- Visit a Zoo, Museum or Aquarium Online
- Explore a State or National Park virtually
- Research authentic cuisine from a foreign country, then prepare some of the dishes as a family. Need some guidance? Take an online cooking class.
- Have your kids pick a country, state or destination they would like to go on a “dream vacation”. Watch YouTube videos, read books and pretend you are there.
- Host a Virtual Game Night with friends through Zoom.
- Plant seeds for a garden — veggies, herbs, and/or flowers.
- Fly a kite or teach kids another low-tech activity you loved as a child.
- Create your own mini golf course in your house or yard.
- Create a music video to a favorite song.
- Take an online class as a family – in art, music, yoga or something else you all enjoy.
How to Display Your Spring Break Ideas
Instead of writing down your ideas on a sheet of paper, you can boost everyone’s excitement by typing up the list using fun fonts in bright colors. Put a small check-box beside each item so you can X it when it’s complete.
Another option: Write down each idea on a small slip of paper, fold the papers in half, and place them in a clean bucket or sand pail. Then when someone says that they’re “boooorrrrrrrrrred,” tell them to go to the bucket and select an activity.
Shop for kids’ virtual spring break camps near you >>
Need a Little Break Yourself?
Check out ActivityHero for kids’ virtual camps and classes for spring break and beyond! There’s something for everyone, and you can find options that are free or paid — in music, art, science, medicine and more!