Neelam Patil’s Bliss Belly Kitchen takes a whole new approach to culinary skills. They not only offer eco-conscious and soul conscious cooking classes using farm fresh ingredients, but they also take the time out to use yoga and mindfulness to give children the best possible connection to themselves and to the land — the source of where their food comes from. At Bliss Belly Kitchen, a happy mind starts with a healthy belly.
Here, Chef Neelam shares a simple, fresh salad to add to your warm summer days that is perfect for outdoor parties or indoor family dinners.
Yummy Strawberry Kale Salad
- 1/2 cup French Lentils
- 1 bunch of Curly Green Leaf Kale
- 1 cup Strawberries (or one Apple if fall, winter, or spring)
- 2 Carrots
- Juice of one Lemon
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- Salt, Black Pepper, & Oregano to taste
- Soak Lentils in water overnight
- Drain water from Lentils
- Boil Lentils in water; add Black Pepper and Oregano to taste
- Tear Kale into bite size pieces
- Shred Carrots with a grater
- Cut Strawberries into bite size pieces
- Pour Olive Oil and Lemon Juice onto the Kale
- Massage Kale until it is as soft as lettuce
- Add Cocount Sugar, Lentils, Strawberries, and Carrots to Kale
- Mix all ingredients together and serve.