Know the Numbers
Staying informed is the first step. This summer, keep your kids engaged with these four teacher-approved brain-building activities.
60% of kids ages 6 to 17 say they love or like reading books for fun a lot.Scholastic Books
Research confirms that kids gain more from reading when they actually enjoy it. Let them choose.
- Storybook Camp by Brandi’s Book Nook
- Writing, Reading, and Cooking by On-Demand Friendship Club
- Academic Writing by Communication Academy
- Write A Chapter Book by Lekha Writing Center
- Online Guided Reading Lesson (Free) by Hoot Reading
“Learning through play is about continuity; bringing together children’s spheres of life – home, school, and the wider world, and doing so over time.”Susan MacKay, Director of Teaching and Learning at Portland Children’s Museum.
Kids’ math and vocabulary skills extend beyond worksheets. Similar learnings can be found in hobbies related to board games and sharing stories. Support math and vocabulary with S.T.E.A.M. projects and experiments, too!
- Chess Camp by New York Chess Academy
- Young Author Camp by Storymakery
- Storytelling + Public Speaking Camps by Lekha Writing Camp
- S.T.E.A.M. for Kids by The Art of Science
“The imagination is absolutely vital for contemplating reality, not just those things we take to be mere fantasy.”Paul Harris, a professor at the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Through imagination, kids expand their cognitive abilities to think, know, remember and experiment with new concepts. It may not seem like it, but they are learning. Familiar skills are being used to develop new ones.
- LEGO Creativity Camps by Ascendly
- Minecraft University: Game Designer by BrainStorm STEM Education
- Roblox & Minecraft Camps by CodeREV Kids
- Summer Art Adventure Camp by Young Art
- Super Duper Activity Kit Download (Free) by ActivityHero
Through exploration, curiosity is encouraged. With that, more experiences and interests for your kids emerge. Studies show that exploration also supports social-emotional development. New discoveries allow kids to build confidence for both independent and collaborative interactions with others. Try something new today!
- Fun Science and Engineering by EDMO
- Astronomy: Space Exploration by TeeterPal
- Pocketing Peru by Musical Learning
- Discover Volcanoes by Curious Mind Academy
- Scavenger Quest Download (Free) by ActivityHero
Be proactive with your Summer Slide prevention. Create a profile for your kid to find even more personalized camps & classes at ActivityHero.
Find more ways to keep your kids learning with 15 Last-Minute Summer Activities.