Welcome to the ActivityHero blog, where we talk about how to find great after school activities and summer camps for kids.
We Welcome Guest Posts
As a site that celebrates and provides a central meeting point for moms with active kids, we love to feature guest posts from members of our community here on the site.
Do you have an idea for a topic to cover here on ActivityHero? Tell us!
You can write about:
- an activity that you came up with, with instructions and photos on how to replicate it
- a summer camp or extra curricular activity your child has attended
- your children’s favorite activity — and why they love it
- your tips for finding the best piano teacher, soccer camp, tennis classes, coding school…
- an interview with someone who runs an activity your child does (like our diary series)
- tips for other parents
- a person story of your own efforts to keep your children active for our spotlight on supermoms
All posts for the site must focus on ways to keep kids active and engaged. But you are welcome to be creative with that concept!
What Guest Posts Need
Aside from having something to say that will help other parents in their own quests to keep kids active, there’s a few more elements for a perfect guest post.
- Formatting: Take a look at the posts on our site to get a sense of how many words, photos, and subheadings to include
- Photos: They’re a must! We’re happy to include photos that you’ve shot at home, but look around the site to get a sense of our aesthetic standards
- Photo attribution: For legal reasons, all photos used on our site must come from freely available sources or with permission of the owner. Flickr Creative Commons is great for this. Take a look at some past posts to see how to format attributions.
We’re All Ears!
Tell us what you’d like to write or otherwise see on the site. Contact us
We look forward to hearing from you!